Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Devotion: Do As I Do

women-readingLet us be mommy's (parents) who can live in a way our children can follow. Instead of being the "do as I say", parent, let us also be the "do as I do" mommy. Leading by example is one of the calls of God. How much more tender can that call be, than with our own children?

We are to be the loving example of Christ, showing forgiveness, love, encouragement, discipline, mercy, grace, patience, peace, joy and understanding to name a few. Let us be encouraged in our parenting journey that we are not alone, and that we have the ultimate example in Jesus Christ.
1Corinthians 11:1 "Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ."

Prayer: Dear Lord, thank you for the gifts of our children. Let us not just hear your word but follow it also and instill in our children the love you have for us all. Let us be wise and give us strength to follow you in all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment