Friday, October 30, 2009

Daily Devotions: God Is My Strength

istock_000004642935xsmall

Isaiah 12:2 "Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; For the LORD GOD is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation."

So, who gives us our strength? Is it the Lord or ourselves? He is plenty able to be all we need and has sacrificed Himself for our salvation. When we truly embrace that concept and hold it as truth, I believe we can live with joy, security and peace despite our current surroundings, situation or circumstance.

Last week we focused on the power of God as our help, strength, protector and guide... In the same way, this week we will be focusing on God's strength for us and His covering; that He is our redeemer, reward, shield, lifter of our head, and refiner.

In order to live in such delight though, there is that constant surrender to the Father, to pick up our cross and follow Him. Meaning that when the battle with our flesh is on, we fight even harder to stand firm in His word and to pray that He would be victorious in us and our lives. I just wanted to encourage us ladies that when the times are tough, as so often they can seem to be, there is that faith and trust in God for His strength, song and His salvation if we just believe.

Reflection: Now, think about the song or songs God has blessed you with and put upon your heart. Think about your first encounter with Jesus as your savior and giver of strength and salvation. Choose to believe in love for your life and victory in Christ. You are precious to the Father, our God. He is with you always and says in Hebrews 13:5: I will never fail you, I will never forsake you. Psalm 124:8 says too that, "our help is in the name of the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth." If this is true then, let's call out His name; let's cry out to Him in our times of need believing His grace, mercy and protection for those moments and beyond.

Prayer: Thank you God for your salvation, strength and song. Help me to trust and not be afraid, no matter what I may face here on earth. Help me to look to you always and seek your will for my life and my kid's lives. Give me a deeper desire for your word, worship and time to enjoy you and pray often; giving thanks for all things.

Outings with the kids: Wow, summer has been a blast and the times shared with my kids have been treasured. Toting them around on our many adventures has been fun, except when I forget mydiaper bag . Don't we just pack them so full sometimes and then just forget them at the door realizing later that we are in for a long day if we don't get the babies diapers, formula, pumped milk, diaper ointment,baby sling and baby clothes?

No comments:

Post a Comment