Friday, October 30, 2009

Daily Devotions- God Loves Us

happy cuddle with mother"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16).

The sweet praises of my daughter just fill my heart with joy. As we sing the Lord's praises together, I realize how true the words are also for me. "Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so. Little ones to Him belong. They are weak, but He is strong. Yes, Jesus loves me..." What a great song. They are not just for the pint sized mini- me's. After all, the message of that song tells us that we are loved, that He loved us so much that He gave himself as a sacrifice, that our Bible is true and worthy of reading and believing, and that when we are our weakest, His strength shines through perfectly. What wonderful doctrinal truths.

Yes, our little children are such great examples and belong to God also. God wants us to come to Him as little children and have faith like they do (Mark 10:15). What innocence and joy babies and children portray. Wouldn't it be nice to rest in such faith, knowing and believing that "scripture is God-breathed" (2 Timothy 3:16), having joy amidst chaos...

Reflection: Let's allow ourselves to seek God in the simple things and to have faith like a child. Reflect on some children's songs and allow them to minister to your heart. Ask God to help you worship with any song and in any occassion. Worship Him in a new way today and give Him a new song from your heart.

Prayer: Thank you for loving our children and us. Help me to have a more child like faith. Thank you for your sacrifice and the hope that we have in your strength, especially in our most difficult times of weakness.


No comments:

Post a Comment