Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Baby Shower Themes & Gifts

100_2046

Baby showers are a great gift to parents and baby. What a beautiful celebration of new life and blessings. Although baby showers can be filled with wonderful decorations, games, gifts, food, cake, friends and family, the gift of new life is the most precious of all.

Fortunately, baby shower trends have changed. Gone are the days of "woman's only" guest lists and baby only décor. There is freedom to decorate in other styles like romantic-Victorian, shabby-chic, contemporary, beach theme, BBQ theme (especially good for couples) and even eclectic. Whatever mommy's style is, you can choose it to decorate her baby shower, giving it an adult feel and pampering mommy-to-be.

I especially like the idea of fresh flowers, glass vases filled with jelly beans to match the color(s) of baby's nursery, fresh fruit in hurricane centerpieces, and gift baskets with goodies for mommy and baby. The idea is that you can cater to the mommy and daddy-to-be and bless them with great decorations and necessities for their home, nursery and baby.

Along with the new trends, personalized baby gifts are all the rage. I love personalized baby gifts, personalized baby clothes, and hand -made items. Who doesn't appreciate a customized and personalized gift, especially when it is a soft and cuddly plush baby blanket? My friends agree that they appreciate the handmade gifts the most, especially when personalized. I have to agree with them also since those handmade baby gifts are always special and more memorable than the usual baby shower gifts. They easily provide a keepsake for the parents and baby. I know how cherished my personalized baby gifts are and I am saving them for my girls to keep and share with their little angels one day. Now I even make those sweet handmade baby blankets. If you like the pictures or have seen any of my creations, please comment. I would be happy to customize that perfect baby keepsake gift just for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment