Thursday, January 7, 2010

Devotions For Moms: Never Failing Compassion

Naughty DadLamentations 3:21-23
"Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." How refreshing!

It seems as if there isn't much compassion these days from my kiddos (a bit of sarcasm here). I mean they keep getting up in the middle of the night, teething, wanting a back rub, crying, wanting to talk or be changed... the list goes on. Really, I know this is part of parenting; it just helps me to know that I can be refreshed in hope daily with the Lord, especially when things have been exhausting around the home-front. I guess nobody said it would be easy and at least we can be comforted knowing we are never alone in any of our matters or late nights when we know and trust in Jesus.

Reflection: It's all in our perspective too; how we will react. Thankfully I caught myself laughing at my daughters during their late night waking time because my oldest just says the funniest and sweetest things. She said, mom... and I replied yes my pumpkin pie and she said I love you; as her sister was making the silliest noises in her crib (trying to fill her diaper no doubt). Just melts my heart, my kids and their unique and beautiful blossoming personalities.

Prayer: Dear Lord, thank you for my kids and their sweet personalities. Thank you for your love and compassion, hope and mercy. Help us to be uplifted and close to you daily in our prayers and in your word. Give us compassion for others and especially our children. You are truly amazing and I praise you.

No comments:

Post a Comment