Thursday, January 7, 2010

Devotional For Mom: For His Glory

istock_000003250391xsmall

I just love Romans 11:36 and especially knowing that everything is for God's glory, everything lives by His power and how all things come from Him. It's like He gives life for His glory, takes us on this wonderful journey to where we end up in Him, as stated in the Message's version of this same verse. What do you think? Are you accepting the life God's given you?

He is so good to call us His own and I just thought it would be good to remind us of how special that truly is. He even made us to glorify Himself. So, in my eyes, that's pretty cool. Anyhow, it also gives me peace in the midst of life's surprises, that when life is given, it is truly from God, as are all things... So, no accidents people, just surprises. Now doesn't that sound good? How often have you heard that someone is pregnant with an "accident"? Does it ever hurt your heart as if the unborn baby is being cursed or something? Maybe I am the only one, but I know we speak blessing or cursing when we open our mouths, so let's speak blessings. Accidents usually make me think of something bad or bring anxiety to a situation. A surprise on the other hand, although unexpected, can be such a great joy and blessing. I generally love to be surprised.

Reflection: Okay, so I will admit that with this pregnancy, I wasn't sure about the revealed surprise and timing... But, thankfully God is in control and gives life, knows all and provides all things for us. That is where I can sit back and rejoice for such a beautiful surprise and amazing gift. There are so many people who struggle with the ability to have children, infertility and such, that I would not want to hurt their hearts either by saying the accident word. What about someone who had a miscarriage? How they would so love such an "accident". I guess my hormones are on overload currently so I apologize if this is a bit blunt. I just want us mothers to remember where the gifts of life come from so we can rejoice no matter what we are given. I also pray that we can be very sensitive to the needs of our friends and sisters who are suffering a loss or inability currently to have such a blessing and baby. Let's pray for them for God's miracle of life, comfort, support and love while believing that He will provide. Just being there for a hurt friend so she can share those struggles can speak more life and healing than you could imagine.

Prayer: God, you are so good; all the time. Help us to also strive for that and to trust you for all things are given life by you and for your glory. I pray for those who may be struggling to have kids, that you would give a peace that passes all understanding and provide that life and baby, child or children to be loved, cherished and blessed. I also ask that you would help those who may be nervous or feeling as if there is an accident aboard; that you are making a mighty blessing within them and that they are simply a special gift and surprise especially from you. Help us to know your hand is in every part of our lives as our days aren't always or typically considered easy while childrearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment