Thursday, January 7, 2010

Devotions For Mom: Hungry?

Matthew 5:6 "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled."

istock_000000287894xsmall"Mommy I am hungry and it is summer outside, it's not dark anymore. Can we go down stairs?" My daughter then asks for dinner as she pulls on the cozyblanket I had wrapped around me. Oh my, what time is it I think to myself. It was actually 8am and it felt more like 3am. My other daughter was surprisingly awake and playing ever so quietly in her crib. Could it really be morning already? Yikes. So not ready to wake up.

Okay, so we didn't have dinner, but breakfast instead. My oldest daughter seems to call most food dinner. As if I only feed her once a day. She's so cute. All the other times for lunch and snacks she'll usually call snack time or "time to eat." So, we had a good morning together as we ate our yummy eggs and toast and watched her favorite Little Bear show with her sister crawling all over everything.

Reflection: I kept thinking, Lord help me rest in you today and be "filled". Another filling that I seemed to also need was a mass dose of caffeine. I realized that my nights had been pretty restless since returning home from vacation; with my baby and toddler waking through the night. I am a light sleeper unfortunately and adjusting hasn't been easy. If I could only sleep as sound as my husband. I don't know about you, but my mind is pretty slow to turn off or rest. It keeps me up at times, praying, rejoicing and crying, you name it... I've been there. Whether it is fear, the unknown, joy or praise, I am so thankful that our Lord's table is always open for us when we wake up and call upon Him in our hunger for His replenishing and word (food). It is just amazing to me that when we seek for righteousness and the things of God, He fills us and our needs.

Prayer: Thank you that when I come hungry, you are always ready to fill me with your love and kindness, wisdom and grace dear Lord. I am so thankful for your provision and protection, your love and grace. Thank you for blessing us as we seek to be righteous Lord. Help me to always hunger for righteousness. Let there be less of me and more of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment