Thursday, January 7, 2010

Devotions For Mom: Burden Bearers

istock_000002143084xsmallGalatians 6:2 "Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." Oh my goodness, sleepless nights, teething, screaming and an uncomfortable baby, and nauseated mommy. Yikes, doesn't sound too fun right? That's been my week, especially last night. How refreshing it is when God provides friends-our sisters and brothers in Christ who can come along side us and share in our troubles and problems.

I'll tell you, having another person there to relate to us and listen can be such an encouragement and blessing; especially when the going gets tough. It's also a huge encouragement when we can share in joy with such friends too. Thank you all for your friendship and love in this new journey of life that we are on. We are overjoyed and a bit nervous over the pregnancy news and it has been so wonderful to share... Thanks for rejoicing with us too.

Reflection: Thankfully God is the ultimate example of this as He sent His Son Jesus to bear our ultimate burden of sin; to wash us clean so we could be in right relationship with the Father. I think we as mother's also do this burden bearing on a daily basis with our kids and I am hoping with our friends and strangers too if needed.

It isn't fun to go through life without a friend or friends; especially in those troubling and joyous times. When we can also rejoice, uplift and praise together it is a powerful tool of inspiration, joy and encouragement. So, go find someone to be there for or to share with today. God wants to bless you through your sisters and brothers in Christ.

Prayer: Jesus, thank you for being my ultimate burden bearer and for giving me blessed friendships that are an example of your love. Thank you for this pregnancy and for my family and my babies. Thank you that every perfect gift comes from you and for sharing in all the season's of my life; for sending friends who do the same. Help me to obey the law of Christ and do likewise always. I love you and need you.

100_2046

Handmade baby blankets are my new hobby. I especially enjoy making them and praying for the little ones who will get them. If you would like to order just send me an email and I will be happy to follow up with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment