Thursday, January 7, 2010

Devotional: Blessed Heritage

Three babies sitting indoors holding hands

Good morning all. Well, this one is so far pretty good without as much of the usual nausea. I do however have a gnarly head ache and have eaten over half of a batch of saltine crackers already. So, I'm going to be cutting a few of my posts short if this continues. Only a few weeks left until the first trimester if finished so I am hoping this too shall pass; the nausea and other pregnancy nuances that is. Yet, I am so excited for the journey even if it is a bit hectic at times.

Such is life, right? I have so much to truly be thankful for and am so overwhelmed by the blessing of another baby in the future. God gives us a beautiful gift with our children and I am so amazed at His hand of provision, heritage and love for my family. Romans 8:17 "And if we are children, we have a right to a part in the heritage; a part in the things of God, together with Christ; so that if we have a part in his pain, we will in the same way have a part in his glory." What a magnificent thought and hope. In Isaiah 54:17 we see our beautiful heritage again as it says, "This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is from me, says the Lord."

Reflection: It is in our power to leave a Godly and loving, empowering heritage to our children as He intended. Each day you are making an impact into the lives of your kids and their futures. Be encouraged that "perfection is not required" and that God is there to lift you up when you may feel as if you are struggling. In those times, just know that you are being stretched and will grow if only you look to learn and look to God for His strength, love and hope to get you through. As we praise God He gives us true freedom. Also, He alone is perfect and we can glean understanding, patience and our increase of faith from Him. Let's go for it!

Prayer: God, thank you for this new life you have blessed me with. Please put your hand of protection and blessing upon him or her and your love and Holy Spirit. I thank you for our heritage and blessings that you alone have given. Thank you for our hope and faith and for your beautiful example of all things good. Please give us patience. I praise you.

No comments:

Post a Comment