Thursday, January 7, 2010

Devotions For Mom: He Gives And Takes Away!

100_3605Job 1: 20-21 "Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped, and said, naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord."

News: God is so good. It's official, we are pregnant with #3, still waiting for our appointment; excited and very thankful. Although a bit surprised, we know God has a plan and thankfully He gives and takes away. So, we can rest assured this life is too in His hands and of His doing. What a blessing and joy. I only wish I didn't feel as nauseated and drained. Honestly I've been a bit zonked with this one so far though. I guess that happens rather easily when you have two other little one's running and crawling around... :) This too shall pass though (nausea). Only another 3 weeks and we are finished with the first trimester and will be 3 months pregnant. Now we just have to make sure we are not having twins. Just kidding, let your will be done Lord.

So, we found out this spectacular news while on vacation recently. I hadn't been feeling quite myself and was tired which is usually not the case for me. I also didn't start "my-monthly- friend" on time. Don't ask why I call it that, but hey I am silly at times. It isn't really my friend but rather a pain, literally. Even still, it does allow us the great opportunity of having children. Needless to say, I won't be getting rid of mydiaper bags, baby slings and other baby clothes as soon as I thought.

Sharing: So, moving on. Me and hubby were on our way with our oldest daughter to celebrate her special day and we decided to get a pregnancy test before eating lunch at a little restaurant in Stanley Idaho. I was anxious to find out the news especially since the test I took before vacation said not pregnant-negative. So, I went into the bathroom, took the test and put it in my pocket to share with daddy. It was kind of a given, looked like a plus sign but a bit faded on the horizontal line. We figured maybe we're not so when we got back from our special day with our daughter who enjoyed her lunch, hail storm experience, the paddle boat and lake, ice cream and cupcake, we decided to take another one (pregnancy test) at the cabin. The answer again was the same which on the box said pregnant for sure-positive. So, we shared the news; delighted and yes a bit nervous too.

Prayer: Thank you that every perfect gift is from you Lord. I am amazed and grateful for the gifts of my children, the miracles that they are and that you would bless me with each of them. Have your way in me and let your will be done. Help me to serve you daily and hear from you. Please bless and protect this pregnancy and baby and give him or her a heart of worship and a love for you. I love you and worship you.

No comments:

Post a Comment